Thursday, January 22, 2009

These are just two of my favorite things...




We went on a trip to see some friends' wedding, and on the way there, we stopped at a farm that grows two of my favorite things- coffee and strawberries. So here I am on a cool part of the island (thank you Lord for that blessing) eating strawberries (it had been at least two years since I had a fresh one) right off the vine, and standing next to coffee plants taller than I am. Have I mentioned that I love where I live?

The wedding was a different cultural experience.  There was a service with singing and preaching.  It was like being in a very tiny church in America (except it was in a language I don't speak).  The party afterwards though, was nothing like America.  The bride's family all lined up in the meeting hall while the groom's family filed in, many of the women carrying gifts if rice on their heads (to get the couple off to a prosperous start with THE Southeast Asian food staple.)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home