It's been a while...
I'm really sorry that's it's been over a month and a half since I posted. I've learned a lot recently. Like you should always back up your hard drive, you can't rely too much on technology, I can live without my computer, and losing everything on your hard drive is not the end of the world.
About a month ago, my computer quit. Gray screen with flashing question marked file folder. Not a pretty sight. Initially, I panicked. What on earth was I going to do without my laptop?! Then, being without it for a few weeks, I realized I don't need it nearly as much as I thought. It's a nice convenience, but my world did not end with the death of my hard drive. I now have my computer back (thank you Summit people for carrying it both ways and going to the Mac store for me) but with a new hard drive and none of my data.
Life is still good, and God is still great, laptop or no laptop. I still love where I live. I'm going back to North Carolina for Christmas. I have new family members to meet who have been born since I was home last. The people I work with are awesome. My family is more precious to me than they have ever been. All this and more, and none of it depends on technology. I am very blessed.
So my blog is pictureless this time because I have no pictures in my computer, but I'll take new pictures. But if you're expecting an email from me and you don't get one, email me first- your address probably got lost in the crash.
About a month ago, my computer quit. Gray screen with flashing question marked file folder. Not a pretty sight. Initially, I panicked. What on earth was I going to do without my laptop?! Then, being without it for a few weeks, I realized I don't need it nearly as much as I thought. It's a nice convenience, but my world did not end with the death of my hard drive. I now have my computer back (thank you Summit people for carrying it both ways and going to the Mac store for me) but with a new hard drive and none of my data.
Life is still good, and God is still great, laptop or no laptop. I still love where I live. I'm going back to North Carolina for Christmas. I have new family members to meet who have been born since I was home last. The people I work with are awesome. My family is more precious to me than they have ever been. All this and more, and none of it depends on technology. I am very blessed.
So my blog is pictureless this time because I have no pictures in my computer, but I'll take new pictures. But if you're expecting an email from me and you don't get one, email me first- your address probably got lost in the crash.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home