Sunday, October 26, 2008

Oh for a salad...


... with ranch dressing of course.
Last month KJ and I had to travel to the capital city to be fingerprinted (for visas, not a criminal record, I promise). We took the opportunity to eat food we normally can't get. Actually, I think I made a point not to eat anything I can normally get. We went to Chili's for lunch one day, and it was like stepping into America. The air conditioning was on full blast, the menu was almost identical to Chili's in America- even the decorations were the same, right down to the tiles on the table tops. We had them take a picture to document our American moment. KJ got Southwest Egg Rolls (she loves Latin food) and I got a salad with grilled chicken and RANCH DRESSING. I don't think I've ever eaten a salad so slowly. It was wonderful! The only downside is that I'm pretty sure Chili's here costs more than it does in America. We gotta pay for those imported table tops I guess. It's probably a good thing there's no Chili's where I live, or I might be broke!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home