HIS Family
It's almost 10pm on Sunday here, which means most of you are with the Family or getting ready to go right now. It's been over a month since I've been with my American Family. I miss it. I know you are all there supporting me, and that has made such a difference. The fellowship of Believers is something that I too often took for granted when I was in the States. Please know how blessed you are to be able to gather together, to bring yourself to the feet of the Father with so many brothers and sisters beside you. I am learning first hand that "worship" and "fellowship" are not the names of buildings; they are vital parts of our lives. I have fellowship here with a small number of workers like myself. I worship here (if we do not worship, it is because of a problem in our own hearts and not a problem of location or leadership and especially not a problem of music). I have been learning not to depend on the conventions and habits of my past experience, and I believe that it will make me stronger in Him. I suppose I'm trying to make two points in all this. First, don't fall into the trap of believing that there must be certain music and certain speakers in a certain order in a certain place in order for you to worship. Worship Him joyfully because "His mercies are new every morning"; He's not monotonous and boring, so we shouldn't worship like we're bored! Secondly, don't "forsake the gathering of yourselves together," because without one another, we begin to die spiritually. Lift each other up, love each other, encourage each other. We are a family. Each gathering should be an awesome reunion of brothers and sister who are bound together in love!

1 Comments:
So here is a hug from our Family time just now... from across the way! I know how you must miss the time with others, but we lift you all up especially each week when we can gather, realizing you cannot! Blessings in all, from another mom
Post a Comment
<< Home