Thursday, February 15, 2007

Learning to love it

I celebrated Valentines Day with my wonderful room mates. We had chocolate cake and ice cream (which I hadn’t had since I left the States!). It may have been a date-less Valentines, but I am falling in love with this place. In light of that, I thought I should share some lessons I have learned:
1 The more restrictive-looking head covering is actually a little cooler, and much easier to wear.
2 Soy sauce is saltier here than at home. Hopefully I won’t ruin the next batch of noodles.
3 An egg can count as the meat of a meal.
4 Six in the morning is not too early to get up, and nine at night is not too early to go to bed, even if you’re still a single person in your twenties. (So they say, but I’m not there yet.)
5 “Not spicy” is only a guarantee that it won’t permanently damage your taste buds, not that the dish contains no hot peppers.
6 Pretty much all prices are negotiable, and negotiating is fun.
7 Fair skin is very pretty, and I am tall. However, I’m a little fat. I love this culture!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Yea, you're tall and I'm the freakin jolly green giant! Haha...I enjoy your blog. Thinking of you lots! Glad you are loving it so much.

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home