Check out my new ride!
Yes, I really do drive this thing!
After just a couple weeks of depending on other people any time I needed to go somewhere, I jumped at the chance to have a bike of my own. Here are lessons I have learned since I started driving in this city. I have not applied these lessons to myself except to know what everyone else is thinking. There is no such thing as driver's ed here...
1- The painting on the road (when there is any) is just for decoration.
2- A red light tells you to do one of two things- slow down long enough to see if anyone is coming, or speed up to beat the incoming traffic. It does not mean you have to stop. Should you decide to stop, you can change your mind before the light changes.
3- The horn is used to say hello, to let someone know that you are behind them, to tell someone to move so that you can pass them, or just for fun.
4- The blinking lights on the left and right sides of vehicles are for decoration and should occasionally be turned on for several kilometers for the visual benefit of those driving around you.
5- Since it's good to drive with your headlights on at night, it's very good to drive with your bright lights on.
6- Staying on your side (the left side) of the road is only necessary when there are two or more vehicles coming from the opposite direction.
7- It is not necessary to indicate that you wish to turn. If you like, though, you can move the wrist on whichever side just a bit and that is sufficient for everyone behind you to slow down.

3 Comments:
Comment on your seven driving lessons:
Uhh, I thought you were overseas and no longer in NC. (smirk)
Anyway, we like the "Carolina blue" riding outift.
Love and affection,
The Yueh clan/"dad #2"
nice ride! Did you get a DUI or something?
Hey girl,
You look good on the bike. I like blue scarf, very nice. I'm impressed you are driving it around without any problem. So when you get back will you get a Harley?
Kent
Post a Comment
<< Home