Saturday, February 16, 2008

Town 5- Pulau Indah

And here, finally, is town number 5 on our little tour. You have a picture intended to make you want to come here. We went snorkling in this water and it was amazing. I saw the kinds of fish you only see in bio text books or the Discovery Channel. But, I don't have an underwater camera, so you'll have to visit to share the experience.
On the way back from snorkling, we saw this monkey mama and baby. In a zoo, I would not be impressed by this. But this wasn't even a park. It was just the side of the road on a tropical island. Mama Monkey wasn't happy with us stopping to take pictures. She hissed at us and showed her teeth, and I'll be honest, I thought she was going to jump through the window and bite me. This may be due to my listening to the Relevant Podcast (which is awesome) Nov 16 and 30, 2007 episodes not long before this trip.
The third, seemingly random picture: this is the classroom we were teaching in, and this rooster decided to come in to check things out before we started. Never in America would a chicken wandering into your classroom be considered an everyday occurance. Kimmie, this might be the one who was being so loud while we were on the phone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home