A new year dawns beautifully

I went to the beach to watch the sunrise this morning. (I love that I live in a place where I can watch the sunrise and the sunset on the beach in the same day.) These pictures were taken just about ten minutes apart from each other. As usual, I wa
s absolutely in awe of the Creator Who made the world we live in.
Behold the old things are passing away and all things are being made new!
I'm not really good with change. I don't like saying goodbye to people or places, and I don't like it when things change when I'm not around. Each New Year, I feel like I'm leaving something behind. But His hand is in every one of our lives. This is what God's "new every morning" looks like. If He puts so much beauty into the sunrise, how much more care does He take with our lives? Things do change; people come into and go out of our lives. We graduate, we get a new job, we move to a new city (or country), and in all the places we leave behind, people's lives move on without us. This thought used to (and sometimes still does) scare me to death. But when we place our lives in God's control, change is beautiful, just like the hundred colors of a tropical sunrise!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home