In His image
Here's another picture from our roadtrip to a town I'm calling Melba. (Sounds a little North Carolinian, I know.) These precious girls were so excited to practice English and learn new words with us. They were amazed at our hair and skin, and as women here often do, jokingly asked if we could trade. I told them that God made them beautiful exactly as they were, and that we should be thankkful for how He has chosen to make us.All over the world, from the time we're old enough to concieve of beauty, we want to change ourselves. Is there a place or time in which we are just content with the way God made us? From that first sin in the Garden, the temptation has been wanting something "more" than what God has given us. How often do we too lose out on the blessings God has planned for us because we run after what the world tells us is beautiful?
"Your hands have made and fashioned me.." (Ps 119:73) Who am I to tell God He's done a bad job?

1 Comments:
What a good word to share and good thoughts for us to ponder! It is always good to see your updates. Merry Christmas to you and all the beautiful children and friends you share the message with. Love, another NC mom, with kids across the way...
Post a Comment
<< Home