Thursday, December 28, 2006

Get set...

I got my visa yesterday, just a week after mailing off the application! That would be amazing any time, but especially so the week of Christmas. I've been busy trying to get things together, buying luggage and clothes and whatever else I might need for the next two years. I actually have one suitcase packed and sitting in my room. There's still a lot to do, but I'm well on my way to being ready.
People have been asking for information about what my life will be like for the next couple of years. Truthfully, there's a great deal I don't know yet. Some basics are as follows: The weather is hot- July in Wilmington and then some- all year round; there's a wet season and a dry season. The food is spicy and is usually beef, chicken, or fish with rice. There's always rice! I'll be adhering to local Islamic dress, which is ankle length pants/skirts, long sleeves, and a head covering. I'll be sharing a house with a friend, and we'll be working together as well. Other families we'll be working with live nearby. More information to come, and feel free to ask if there's something you want to know about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home